Why Find Me A Florist
How is Find Me A Florist different to any other directory in Australia for florists?
Find Me A Florist is dramatically different. First of all, someone searching for a local florist searches for a florist in any town or city in Australia is much more likely to click on a result that says ‘find me a florist’, as that is exactly what it is – a local florist finder.
Secondly, and most importantly, Find Me A Florist is a dedicated, and industry focussed directory, unlike any in Australia. This means, from a search rankings perspective, that results from Find Me A Florist will always outrank any results from any competing directory from all across the web. The reason for this is simple, when Google and other search engines visit Find Me A Florist their eyes literally light up as they find good, rich, and unique content all about the one topic, and the is finding florists.
A practical example of this is, from a Google perspective, if you went shopping for a new Holden it is much more likely that you will find a greater choice in cars if you went to a Holden dealer, than if went to a used car yard that had just one Holden. So, going to a Holden dealer, in Google’s eyes, is far more relevant than going to a random car yard. And this very point explains why you will rank on the first page of Google, and outrank all other directories in Australia - Find Me A Florist is far more relevant. Having your florist business listing Bondi, sitting alongside a plumber in Coogee has no real benefit to you in terms of search rankings. But, if your florist listing is sitting beside 5000 other florists in Australia this is much more powerful and relevant in Google’s eyes and as a consequence Google and other search engines will always rank your business listing higher over time.
Another unique feature is that Find Me A Florist is built by florists and some of the best marketing minds in Australia. Find Me A Florist also employs florists who are experts in the industry, so when you contact us you will not talk to a sales person, you will be talking to a real florists who will have an incredible amount of understanding of your business’s needs.
Rank on the first page of Google, and other search engines like Yahoo and Bing.
So, you have a website but nobody can find you? Well, if people search for your business directly they may find you, but actually finding you using keywords is the real challenge and where you will increase your flower sales.
Why doesn’t my website rank well in Google?
- The immense competition from online florists
- You may have chosen incorrect keywords for your website, or you may not have chosen any
- Your local competitors may be outranking you
- The huge amount online florists are willing to pay for online advertising
This means that your existing customers will find you, but what about new customers? As mentioned, if someone searches for you directly you will be found, but most people use keywords to search, meaning most people searching for florists in your area will not find you. To see how your businesses website ranks for certain keywords, try the following: Open you browser go to Google type your suburb/town/or city and the word florist, for example ‘St Kilda florist’ scroll down until you find your business.
The odds are you will not find your business. If this is the case, you are possibly missing out on many potential customers a day. To put that into perspective, Find Me A Florist, did a 30 day keyword study on random Sydney suburbs using the word ‘florist’, for example ‘Coogee florist’. Here are a few examples of what we found:
- Canterbury flowers – searched 117 times
- Florist Cremorne – searched 204 times
- Cronulla florist – searched 118 times
- Florist Chatswood – searched 69 times
So what does that mean for my business?
Take the above first example of ‘Canterbury flowers’. If you are a florist located in Canterbury, and you have no quality keywords within your website, you are potentially missing out on an extra 117 visitors to your website a month. If you converted 15% of those into sales, you are potentially missing out on 15 extra sales per month, and that is just for one keyword – you may have as many as 10 keywords for your business. If your average sale was $82, that equates to missing out on $1230 worth of flower sales per month – and just repeating, that is for one keyword.
So my florist website is not coming up on the first page of Google, “so how does a website rank on the first page of Google” you may ask yourself?
Put simply, search engines like Google use high tech computer programs called spiders, these spiders follow links from page to page, from website to website, and retrieve content from these places. This content is indexed, and then added to huge database. This generally happens automatically for websites (though it may take months without specialist help). The real challenge though is getting your content, or website, to appear on the first page of Google – something that online florists have mastered over the last few years.
The rank of a website is usually determined by how unique and well-built it is, and how relevant it is to the person searching. However, the main factor on how well your website will rank is your website’s reputation, how may good quality and relevant citation sites link to you, the age of your URL, and the Google Page Rank of your website. Having the best website in your industry is simply not enough these days to rank well, as your website is just one voice out of millions of website over the internet all competing for various search terms or keywords. Your website is most likely not getting heard by Google and other search engines if you can’t find it on the first few pages of search results.
What is Find Me A Florist doing to – Find Me A Florist is a way to SHOUT LOUDER the importance of your website to Google and other search engines. By advertising your florist business on findmeaflorist.com.au your business is linked to more than 5000 other florist businesses across Australia – therefore it is not just you who is alerting Google to your presence, but all 5000 florists in Australia. A collection of businesses is much more powerful than an individual and has a dramatic magnifying effect on your rank on search engines.
All paid listings, and most dramatically a Showcase Listings, have been specially optimised for search engines by some of the best Internet Marketing professionals on Australia – who actually specialise in search engine optimisation (SEO) for florist, so they know their business. SEO allows content held within each florist listing to be easily indexed and listed on all the major search engines in Australia, and the world for that matter. Put simply, Find Me A Florist, will make the content on your business page much more attractive, relevant and more visible to search engines and web spiders.
Find Me A Florist is integrated with Social Networks
Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Stumbleupon and Twitter are becoming more important by the day for businesses in Australia for finding content online.
Buttons like ‘Recommend’, ‘Like’, and Google ‘+1’ are appearing all over the internet now as people turn to their friends for recommendations for just about everything these days – and that includes flowers.
With a Showcase Listing anyone can now ask strangers, or their friends, for recommendations on your florist shop. Within just a few minutes these results are filtered into Social Media networks like Google+, Facebook, and Twitter. The results for you, the florist, is marketing that can grow exponentially, free of charge. Realising the importance of this from a sales and marketing perspective Find Me A Florist has effectively plugged your listing into every major Social Network on the web.
Build your own website with a Showcase Listing
Whether you have a website or not, a Showcase Listing will enable you to create a new mini website that will end up ranking on the first page of Google. This is due to many factors, the most important of which are as follows:
- The ability to add keywords to your listing
- The ability to create a unique URL within Find Me A Florist, for example your business maybe named Sue’s Florist. By default your URL within Find Me A Florist would be www.findmeaflorist.com.au/listing/sues-florist. This URL is great if a user was searching for Sue’s Florist specifically, but how would a user find Sue’s Florist if they don’t know it exists. If Sue’s Florist was located in Townsville QLD, you would be much better off from a Google rankings perspective, to create the URL www.findmeaflorist.com.au/listing/sues-florist-townsville and you can do this easily with Find Me A Florist and a showcase listing. You can see by doing this that if someone searches ‘florist townsville’, you will still be found in Google searches
- Adding video is a very powerful sales tool, most websites, and directories for that matter, do not have this ability, Fine Me A Florist on the other hand does. Imagine a potential customer clicks on your listing within Google and sees video of you, or your employees making flowers, or even just what your shop looks like
- Upload up to 9 product images, this is also a very powerful sales tool for increasing your sales. Customers can even view these as a slide show
- All Showcase Listings have their own contact form. This form is a way of potential customers contacting your from your listing. This form is connected to your email automatically, so all you have to do is wait for the enquiries to roll in. This is also a clever tool as it stops people spamming your with 100’s of emails which can take a lot of time to sort through out of your week when you should be focussing on your business
- A Showcase listing is fully integrated into the biggest social network website on the web. So, if someone has a great experience with you they can easily recommend you to their friends with a simple click of a button. Some of the networks you will be conneted with are Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Delicious, Stumbleupon, Fark, Furl, LinkedIn, Blinklist and many more
- Getting directions to your store has never been easier with a Showcase Listing. New customers who want to find you will be able to enter their located within your listing, click on a button called ‘get directions’ and get a detailed map on how to find you
- Seeing that your Showcase Listing will become your mini website you can even add your unique Find Me A Florist URL to your Google Places listing. For more information on this contact us on 1300 360 469